Paradox Interactive announced today that Across the Obelisk, the deck-building gameRPG, which was published as the first title in the Paradox Arc Publishing initiative, has now been acquired by the publisher and will now be supported by the central marketing organization.
To celebrate the game's success and the first anniversary of its full release, Across the Obelisk is launching its latest expansion today: Across the Obelisk Sands of Ulminin. The expansion is now available on Steam for the recommended retail price of 19,99 euros.
More than 20 new opponents
Since its release on August 16, 2022, Across the Obelisk has become one of the most popular card fighting games on Steam, with more than 350.000 copies sold and high demand for additional content. This success has led Paradox Interactive to move the title from the Paradox Arc Initiative into the Paradox Interactive portfolio, where the game will continue to be supported and provided with content for the foreseeable future.
“Paradox Arc’s mission is to find the Paradox games of tomorrow; Games that are deep and endlessly replayable and appeal to Paradox Interactive's audience. In this respect, Across the Obelisk ticks all the boxes,” says Sebastian Forsström, Head of Paradox Arc at Paradox Interactive. “The Arc Initiative begins with the support small development teams need to bring their games to market. But we also always pay attention to the potential for a breakthrough. It's the perfect arc story to see how our first Paradox Arc game achieved this success, and I look forward to seeing what the game can achieve next.
In the latest expansion, Across the Obelisk: Sands of Ulminin, players delve into the canyons of the desert to unravel the secrets of the pyramids and discover what lies beneath.
The new zone, which can be selected as a new second or third act of a playthrough, will challenge players with new enemies and bosses, as well as provide new allies to recruit in their quest to defeat the evil Lord Hanshek.
Sands of Ulminin contains, among other things:
- two new aura and curse mechanics called Scourge and Zeal
- three new pets to be unlocked
- a multi-layered dungeon in the pyramids of Ulminin
- more than 20 new opponents
- 3 new bosses
- more than 30 new items
- an all-new scarab mechanic where scarabs randomly appear during combat and give bonuses when you defeat them.
* = affiliate link. If you purchase via one of the links, we receive a portion of the purchase price as a commission. There are no additional costs for you, but you can support our portal by doing so. Last updated on September 6.12.2023, XNUMX / Affiliate links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. Images from Amazon PA API.