Paradox Interactive today presented nine announcements during the Paradox Announcement Show, including three all-new games, three additions to Paradox catalog titles, and three announcements from the Paradox Arc Publishing Initiative.
Three completely new games were unveiled during the announcement show:
• The Lamplighters League is a game developed by Seattle-based studio Harebrained Schemes. The world-spanning pulp adventure with strategic, turn-based combat takes place in an alternative, stylish 30s setting.
• Life By You is a new game from Paradox Tectonic, details and content of which will be presented in a separate announcement show on March 20, 2023.
• Cities: Skylines II, from Finnish developer Colossal Order, is a direct sequel to Paradox's popular, award-winning 2015 city-builder.
The Lamplighters League is particularly exciting. An original pulp adventure set in an alternate version of the 1930s, this game challenges players to outwit and escape a sinister global cult before it takes over the world. And it does so in a mix of different playstyles, such as real-time infiltration, turn-based tactical combat, and managing a growing team of misfits. The Lamplighters League will be released in 2023 for PC and Xbox Series X and S consoles.
In the alternate version of The Lamplighters League set in the 1930s, there is a tyrannical cult called the Banished Court that stands on the brink of world domination. For millennia, all that stood between this sinister conspiracy and their plans was a group of heroic scholars known as the Lamplighters League. Unfortunately, the best of the best have already left us, so it's up to the best of the worst.
“Harebrained Schemes is all about interwoven tactical gameplay that challenges the mind with stories and characters that touch the heart,” said Christopher Rogers, Game Director of The Lamplighters League at Harebrained Schemes. "Over the years we've been fortunate to tell the stories in cherished environments like Shadowrun and BATTLETECH. The new world that The Lamplighters League takes place in gives us the creative freedom to both tell a story that supports gameplay and build gameplay that supports the story. We love these characters and hope players and fans will enjoy getting to know them while exploring each one's unique abilities the way we did. I can't wait to share everything we've been working on."
|WWE 2K23 Deluxe - USK & PEGI [Playstation 5] *||64,60 EUR||Buy|
Paradox Arc, the publishing initiative launched in 2022 to promote new, deep, endless replayable games from smaller developers, announced two new games:
• Mechabellum, a sci-fi auto-battler game pitting players against ever-growing armies of mechs, robots, and heavy weapons.
• Knights of Pen & Paper 3 is a continuation of a pop culture inspired turn-based RPG adventure series by Paradox.
Paradox Arc also presented Across the Obelisk: The Wolf Wars, the first expansion to the deck-building RPG that Paradox Arc released last year. It contains a new zone, characters and much more.
Three titles in the Paradox Library are getting new additions in 2023:
• Crusader Kings III: Tours and Tournaments adds new actions and adventures for the characters, including new ways to increase reputation at home and abroad.
• Europa Universalis IV: Domination expands and enhances content for some of the most popular and powerful nations.
• Surviving the Aftermath: Rebirth offers a chance to actually reshape and revive the devastated earth, including through terraforming.
Additional details regarding The Lamplighters League and Cities: Skylines II will be announced in a separate announcement later today. More information and gameplay about Life By You will be available in an announcement show on March 20, 2023 via the Life By You YouTube channel.
Last updated on 25.05.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API