2K today announced that the Icon Edition and Deluxe Edition of WWE 2K23, the latest installment in the WWE video game series developed by Visual Concepts, are now available worldwide for PlayStation 5 (PS5), PlayStation 4 (PS4), Xbox Series X|S , Xbox One and PC are available via Steam.
The Standard Edition and Cross-Gen Edition will be available starting Friday, March 17, 2023. All editions feature different covers by 16-time world champion, Hollywood icon, record-breaking philanthropist and WWE 2K23 Executive Soundtrack Producer John Cena.
|WWE 2K23 Deluxe - USK & PEGI [Playstation 5] *||64,60 EUR||Buy|
"With each new release of the WWE 2K franchise, our team strives to add and improve features that players will love," said Greg Thomas, President of Visual Concepts. “We are very proud of the work we do WWE 2K23 and the 'You Can't Beat Me' showcase that WarGames have done, the improvements to existing modes and the overall look and feel of the game. It really is 'Even Stronger'.”
WWE 2K23 offers a range of new features and improvements to existing fan favorites:
- WarGames: The fan-favorite, chaotic and action-packed WarGames enter in WWE 2K23 making their debut, heart-pounding 3v3 and 4v4 action for solo players or multiplayer mayhem in two adjacent rings surrounded by a double steel cage;
- "You Can't Beat Me" 2K Showcase Starring John Cena: Defeating John Cena in the ring is a feat few Superstars can claim. In a never-before-seen twist on 2K Showcase, players will step into the boots of several of Cena's fiercest competitors with one goal in mind: defeat the man who "never gives up." Spanning his 20-year WWE career and narrated by Cena himself, this interactive sports-entertainment documentary uses 2K's unique Slingshot technology to seamlessly transition between gameplay and live-action movies to capture the crucial... Bring moments of each match to life.
- MyFACTION: Team building mode, in which players collect, manage and level up a cast of WWE Superstars and Legends to form their ultimate four-person faction, now also features online multiplayer action.* Regular post-launch content in Scheduled live events will be released throughout the year, offering a single-player experience with unique matchups curated by WWE 2K designers, as well as the new Pink Diamond card tier coming post-launch. Players can collect multiple iterations and MyFACTION-exclusive looks for their favorite Superstars, from the most coveted historical looks to the latest changes on TV;
- MyGM: Featuring five new GMs including Xavier Woods, Tyler Breeze, Eric Bischoff, Kurt Angle and Mick Foley, two new brands including NXT 2.0 and WCW, seven new match types, more titles, endless play with multiple seasons and seasonal challenges, Hall of Fame -Progress, shake-ups that can change the way a GM books their show, and a new cast of enhancement talent, all for up to four players.
- World: In the ultimate WWE Universe sandbox that grants players control of their own version of WWE, a new and improved story system puts users in control of rivalries like never before. Whoever wins matches gains momentum as players build rivalries and decide how their story is told;
- Creation Suite: A hallmark of WWE 2K-Franchise, the Creation Suite, returns with cross-platform community creations including the ability to design your own Superstars, GMs, Arenas, Entrances, Movesets, Championships and more. Custom arenas are now playable online, and added advanced customization options for created entrances, visual improvements for Create-a-Superstar models, and hundreds of new parts;
- MyRISE: Rising Superstars step through the curtain on their WWE debut in MyRISE, shaping their careers with the choices they make along the way across two unique storylines: The Lock and The Legacy. With the ability to import custom Superstars, players will journey from the humble beginnings of a rookie to immortality as a WWE Legend;
- Even stronger and visually improved roster: WWE 2K23 features a roster of 201 new and returning Superstars including Cody Rhodes, Roman Reigns, Queen Zelina, Undertaker, Bron Breakker, Chyna, Roxanne Perez, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Rhea Ripley, Drew McIntyre, Cora Jade, Bianca Belair, and Carmelo Hayes many more**! Plus Ruthless Aggression versions of John Cena, Batista, Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar in Deluxe Edition and Icon Edition. All Superstars have an improved appearance.
- New pin kick-out mechanics: In addition to the classic button mashing method, a new pin kick out mechanic is available, offering more accessibility and an alternative option for players who prefer strategic timing;
- Bad Bunny Bonus Pack: Global music phenomenon Bad Bunny - Billboard's Top Artist of the Year and one of the most-streamed artists in the world for 2022 - is here WWE 2K-Debut.
- DLC Galore: Fan-favorite Superstars Bray Wyatt, The OC, The Steiner Brothers, Zeus, Wade Barrett, and Eve Torres star in five packs of regular content updates through August, with a total of 24 new Superstars arriving post-launch.
WWE 2K23 Editions and Pre-Order Bonus
WWE 2K23 offers four editions of the game: Standard Edition, Cross-Gen, Deluxe Edition and Icon Edition:
The Standard Edition will be available on March 17 for €59,99 on previous-gen platforms (PS4, Xbox One consoles) and PC, and €69,99 on current-gen consoles (PS5 and Xbox Series X|S) in be available in physical and digital formats;
The Cross-Gen Edition will be available digitally on March 17 for PlayStation and Xbox consoles for €74,99. The Cross-Gen Edition includes the Standard Edition for all previous and current-gen platforms of the same console family and the same PlayStation or Xbox account;
The Deluxe Edition is now available for 99,99 euros for PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One in physical and digital form as well as for PC in digital form. The Deluxe Edition contains the Standard Edition, the Bad Bunny Bonus Pack and a Season Pass for all five post-launch DLCs; the MyRISE Mega Boost and supercharger; the Ruby John Cena MyFACTION Evo Card, the Gold Edge MyFACTION Card, the Emerald Bianca Belair MyFACTION Card, the Gold Asuka MyFACTION Card, and three Basic Premium Launch MyFACTION Card Packs. The Deluxe Edition will be available on March 14, 2023 - three days before the Standard and Cross-gen editions!
The Icon edition is available now for $119,99 on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and PC and includes original cover art by renowned WWE-inspired artist Rob Schamberger. In addition to Standard Edition and all bonus content of the Deluxe Edition contains the Icon edition the Ruthless Aggression Pack, which celebrates 20 years of John Cena's WWE career and features John Cena's early "Prototype" character as well as "Leviathan" Batista, rookie versions of Brock Lesnar and Randy Orton, the John Cena Legacy Championship and the WrestleMania 22 Arena. Additional bonus content includes an Emerald Paul Heyman MyFACTION Manager Card and three Deluxe Premium Launch MyFACTION Card Packs. The Icon edition will be available on March 14, 2023 – three days before Standard and Cross-gen editions
- Bad Bunny Bonus Pack Pre-Order Offer: Players who Standard Edition and the Cross-Gen Digital Bundle Pre-ordering will receive the Bad Bunny Bonus Pack, which includes Bad Bunny as a playable character, as well as a Ruby-level Bad Bunny MyFACTION card. The Bad Bunny Bonus Pack is in the Deluxe Edition and the Icon edition included, available now.
Last updated on 25.05.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API