2K and Marvel Entertainment today announced that Marvel's Midnight Suns is now available worldwide for Windows PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store, as well as for PlayStation 5 (PS5) and Xbox Series X|S. PlayStation 4 (PS4), Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch versions will be released at a later date.
Developed by Firaxis Games, the legendary studio behind the acclaimed world-renowned XCOM and Civilization franchises, Marvel's Midnight Suns combines the deep story, character relationships, customization and progression system of an RPG with the tactical strategy and combat mechanics of a revolutionary new card-based tactical game.
Marvel's Midnight Suns: Menace to the World
"The Firaxis team has created a remarkable game with Marvel's Midnight Suns," said Jay Ong, Executive Vice President, Marvel Games. “Marvel's authenticity and love for our characters permeates every fight, choice and interaction. It's a dream come true for every Marvel fan who has ever dreamed of not only fighting alongside legendary Marvel heroes, but living among them as well.”
"We're thrilled that Marvel has entrusted us with their universe to create something brand new with Marvel's Midnight Suns," said David Ismailer, President of 2K. "This game is one of Firaxis' best and most ambitious works to date, and we're really excited for players around the world to experience Marvel's Midnight Suns."
Marvel's Midnight Suns features an immersive storyline and revolutionary card-based tactical strategy gameplay:
- A Marvel Adventure of Your Own: You play as Hunter, the first customizable original character in the Marvel Universe. Players lead a team drawn from a legendary pool of heroes from the Avengers, X-Men, Runaways and more, which they can customize to choose the right abilities for their playstyle. They can unlock striking outfits that will delight any Marvel fan.
- The Darker Side of Marvel: Rising against the demonic forces of Lilith, players experience an immersive personal story that transports familiar heroes to an unknown, supernatural and mystical world. There's more at stake than ever as you encounter fallen versions of legendary Marvel characters as you try to stop Lilith from resurrecting her evil master, Chthon.
- Life Among Legends: As you develop relationships and deepen personal ties with some of Marvel's most popular Super Heroes like Iron Man, Wolverine and Captain Marvel, you'll see them in a new light and unlock more abilities. Players will also learn about the Abbey, their personal mystical secret base, as they explore and unravel mysteries.
- Fight and think like superheroes: The makers of the popular XCOMseries have developed a new, immersive and highly customizable tactical combat system that rewards players who think in superhero ways. Together with the other heroes, you weigh the battlefield and launch devastating attacks against the forces of darkness.
In the darker side of the Marvel Universe, players will forge unbreakable bonds with legendary Marvel Super Heroes and dangerous supernatural warriors in a battle against the world's greatest threat yet - the demonic forces of Lilith and the Elder God Chthon.
Found in the Marvel Vault
"We can't wait for players to explore the darker side of the Marvel Universe, from the explosive battlefield action to the unfolding mysteries of the Abbey," said Bill Rosemann, VP & Creative Director at Marvel Games. “Firaxis dug deep into the Marvel vault and decided to shine the spotlight on the characters they truly love. And they delivered their vision of the rising star of the Midnight Suns with passion and virtuosity.”
"I can't stress enough how excited we are to finally bring Marvel's Midnight Suns to our fans, whether they're die-hard Marvel comic readers or long-time tactics veterans," said Jake Solomon, Creative Director at Firaxis Games for Marvel's Midnight Suns. "Thank you to everyone who has joined us on our journey to bring this game to life."
The launch trailer sets the mood for the start of the strategic video game with Marvel heroes:
Marvel's Midnight Suns comes in four editions - Standard Edition, Enhanced Edition, Digital+ Edition and Legendary Edition:
- The Standard Edition will be available for Windows PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store for $59,99. It contains the base game.
- The Enhanced Edition will be available for PlayStation 69,99 and Xbox Series X|S for €5. It includes a next-gen console-optimized version of the game and 5 premium cosmetic skins.
- The Digital+ Edition will be available for PlayStation 79,99, Xbox Series X|S and Windows PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store for €5. It contains 11 premium cosmetic skins. The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions are also optimized for next-gen consoles.
- The Legendary Edition will be available for PlayStation 99,99, Xbox Series X|S and Windows PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store for €5*. It includes the Marvel's Midnight Suns Season Pass with 23 premium cosmetic skins for the base game and 4 post-release DLC packs, each containing a new playable character, new missions, new enemies, and additional character skins.
Marvel's Midnight Suns launches December 2nd on Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5. Release dates for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions have yet to be announced. Marvel's Midnight Suns is rated 12+. Firaxis Games is a 2K studio.
|Marvel's Midnight Suns for PS5 (Enhanced Bonus Edition) (German... *||79,95 EUR||Buy|
Last updated on 3.02.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API