Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order announced during today's ID@Xbox Showcase that Cities: Skylines - Plazas and Promenades is available now. Players can purchase the pedestrian-themed expansion on Steam, Epic, Microsoft Store, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 for a suggested retail price of $14,99.
In addition to Plazas and Promenades, the Content Creator Packs “Mid-Century Modern” and “Seaside Resorts” are introduced, as well as two additional Radio Packs.
Beautiful new pedestrian areas
Cities: Skylines - Plazas and Promenades introduces pedestrian zones, allowing players to create walkable cities and car-free zones around their metropolis. This expansion also introduces various district options and city service buildings to Cities: Skylines, further expanding the city simulator's management gameplay.
Plazas and Promenades features include:
- Pedestrian Zones: Players let their citizens walk in purely pedestrian streets! They can be placed like any other street in the city, creating new green city centers free from vehicles and pollution.
- Pedestrian Zones and New Policies: Three zone-specific policies can now be enabled for the city. These include:
- A speed-slow command: All roads around the pedestrian zone, except highways, will be given a speed limit of 20 miles per hour.
- A Sugar Ban: Increases the average life expectancy of citizens in the pedestrian area, but decreases their happiness.
- Street Music: Increases happiness and noise pollution in commercial pedestrian areas.
- District Specialization: Three new district specializations have been added: office districts, high-density residential districts, and commercial districts. Setting a district specialization affects all grid squares in that area, spawning buildings with a different visual appearance and gameplay effect. Each specialization offers 24 new modern buildings!
- City Service Buildings: Service buildings are important, but how about making them look good too? These buildings can be connected to pedestrian areas, then adapt to their visual style and provide services that contribute to positive happiness scores.
A free update will be released at the same time as Plazas and Promenades, as well as two content creator packs and two radio stations.
- Inspired by the American design movement of the same name, "Mid-Century Modern" is by well-known modder Rev0. It adds sleek and stylish growable residential buildings to players.
- Gèze's Seaside Resorts brings the spirit of the classic sea resorts, boulevards and piers that flourished in 19th-century America to Cities: Skylines.
Both Content Creator Packs are available for EUR 5,99 (RRP).
Finally, there will also be new music for emerging architects in the form of two radio stations: Paradise Radio and Shoreline Radio.
|Cities: Skylines (Switch) *||29,55 EUR||Buy|
Last updated on 7.03.2023/XNUMX/XNUMX / Affiliate Links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API. * = Affiliate links. Images from Amazon PA API